Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin to be so quiet...

I keep having this reoccurring dream that I go to pull my hair away from my face and it starts falling out in clumps, or am I pulling it out? Anyways, on another cheery note...I stop into the village discount tonight after one of the hardest and most rewarding weeks at work in my entire career and as I walk in one of the employees takes my big free people bag. I tell him I'd pefer to carry it and that it's not a donation, but he just chuckles and brings it around his counter. I think "Ok whatever" and proceed to spend the next 45 minutes looking for crazy gaga outfits for a photoshoot that Patrick and I have tomorrow. When I go to the checkout I notice that there is noone behind the counter and that man who insisted on taking my bag is nowhere to be found. What I soon discover (after we finally find him 10 minutes later) is that my bag with over $200 worth of clothes/accessories in it (including my beloved running shoes that have carried me through so many journeys with my mom) has been stolen. Now how ironic is this?! The guy takes the bag away from me so I can't steal anything and then allows my bag to get stolen. So I'm standing there yelling, bawling, so frustrated. Now he is supposed to be coming to my apartment at 11 tonight with a $200 check, yeah, right, let's just say I'm not holding my breath...
It's times like these when I have to force myself to look at the bigger picture here to try to gather some worldly perspective on it all, to realize that it could have been worse but right now I am just so fucking pissed!!!!!!! Biking home weeping is not the safest route.
Does everybody feel this way sometimes or is it just me? Like your whole world is crashing in on you and you can't believe you're getting screwed over again?!?!?

Sometimes I wonder...

1 comment: