Saturday, August 28, 2010

Daddy's in the alley He's lookin' for food I'm in the kitchen With the tombstone blues

I've decided to try on vegan for a little while, see if it fits. I have been reading and researching this for some time and besides the obvious animal cruelty case I've discovered it really is so much healthier! I can get just as many proteins going meatless and dairy less and with none of the added hormones, toxins, cholesterol and the list goes on...I feel more compelled to venture out on this limb than ever due to the heart problems that run in my family, namely as of recent with my grandpa. Knowing how he's suffering I can't consciously choose to hurt my body any longer or put a hold on this healthy life that I am looking so forward to living. I'm only telling you four special people unless absolutely necessary to make it known to anyone else. This is something I need to do for me and I've been excitedly researching every vegan resource and recipe out there with intent to start this journey in my life tomorrow! Can't wait to see the changes and realizations that await!

I'll keep you posted! :)
Bets

1 comment:

  1. It's funny... I've decided to start a blog out here and thought "I haven't heard anything from Betsy's for a while" and thought I'd check it out- glad I did! Also, I'd like to think I'm officially vegetarian now, it's been 3 weeks! I'm calling myself an "convenient vegetarian" meaning I will eat meat at someone's house to not be a hassle (inconvenient) and I will eat GOOD meat that I know where it came from. It's been great so far, you just really have to think of other protein sources. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete